Friday 25 March 2011

5 Make-up Must-haves!


For tonight’s Elegant Girly Dinner, I am serving fresh mojitos, an Asian prawn dish fudged adapted from two cookbooks, jasmine rice, and mango and passionfruit cheesecake (Tesco’s rather than Eliza’s Finest). I am also inaugurating the bronze satin skirt that I acquired at a country house jumble sale last September and my black suede tango shoes from the Shoon sale. Amazing what a fillip it gives one to dress up! This calls for not just the magnifying mirror to do my make-up, but glasses too!

Oh God! Hairs are sprouting everywhere. Upper lip – a hedgerow of fine blond ones, with the occasional dark stubbly one poking through. Chin – oh God! How long has that been there? Eyebrows – are those blond or grey hairs among the dark ones? It’s a travesty. And this is only just the beginning. I still have a jawline. I don’t have those bulldog jowls yet or a cross-hatched neck. Split veins on my cheeks, yes, despite not being a dipsomaniac. Oh well, slap on some Max Factor … sorry, hold on a tick. Think products! Think rich! Think Christy Turlington!

5 Make-up Must-haves!

1. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Concealer
2. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Air-Whipped Foundation
3. Estée Lauder Signature Silky Powder Blush
4. Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Mascara
4. MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick

What a laugh they must have making up these names. Right. Well that looks better. I remove my glasses. Much better! You see, the trick is to mix only with friends of the same age, since we’re all living in a blur. 

Oh! The door.

No comments:

Post a Comment